Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year 2012

I chuckled at the Drudge Report's main headline: HOPE MAYANS WERE WRONG!

Oh yes, 2012 it is, as one region after region greets the first day of the year the ancient Mayans calculated to be the end of the world as we know it.

I'm not so sure. It may be a good idea after all.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you every one from all over the world who has come to my blog since March 11 to read about horrible news after jaw-droppingly stupid news regarding the Fukushima I Nuke Plant accident and radiation contamination being willfully spread throughout Japan and the northern hemisphere. I never thought I would be writing about it this long, and I didn't think anyone cared. (Not that I cared that no one would care.) I was wrong on both.

Wishing all of you a happier, healthier new year, here's one of my favorite music for the winter, visualized. It is played by the chamber orchestra of the US Air Force, brisk, clean and precise, and visualized by Stephen Malinowski.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year EX-SKF, Eric Piet

Kim and Kame said...

あけましておめでとう Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Ex-SKF! What you do means a lot to many of us in Japan. There are so few trustworthy sources on either side of the nuclear fence.

Here's to a better 2012, somehow!

Anonymous said...

happy 2012 from tokyo. don't let it get to your head (!), but you are a gem. precious, priceless, and much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your warm words and for your blog. Best wishes from Russia==Elena==

Anonymous said...

三月からいろいろな情報を知らせていただき感謝しています.今,知りたいのは,なぜ,どのようにして,一般の議論なしで,誤った施策がどんどんと決まっていくことです.今年もよろしくお願いします.

leonor said...

Happy new year and best wishes. Hope you recover soon.

Many thanks for all the work you do for all of us. I can't say how I'm grateful.

Leonor

Anonymous said...

Happy new year. Your work is greatly appreciated please keep it up.

As for the Mayans, I wouldn't worry too much. They couldn't prevent the end of their own civilization so I wouldn't put too much stock in their predictions. :D

Anonymous said...

".. after jaw-droppingly stupid news .."

Yes, and your humor is one of the finer points.

Carry on, as they say!

:)


And 4:18, their glyphs will last longer than these words on the internet.
There 'ya go.

Some of the Classical Maya art rivals ancient Greece, imo.

SouthJerseyJoey said...

Happy New Year 2012 from New Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Music !!!
Happy New Year and many thanks from Chicago.

Viola said...

arevamirpal::laprimavera,

a Happy New Year 2012 to you! I hope your pain in the back will be gone soon and never come back...

Thank you so much for all you've done these month!
Viola

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Italy! you're doing a marvellous job, I feel like I am really indebted to you! Please keep us hungry and foolish long into the year. Many hugs and blessings! Lili

Post a Comment