Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Google's Sergey Brin Wants "Third Half" of Our Brain

Huh? It doesn't add up, does it? Or are there the fourth half and fifth half, too? I'm confused.

Sergey Brin: "We Want Google To Be The Third Half Of Your Brain."
(Jay Yarow, 9/8/2010 Business Insider)

"Sergey Brin wants Google to become the "third half of your brain."

"That's what he said at today's big search event, where Google released Google Instant, its fast, streaming search results.

"We're not exactly certain what Brin meant, but we think he was trying to say Google will know what you want in a search, perhaps even before you know." [Emphasis is mine.]


So, the recent comment from Google's CEO Eric Schmidt does indicate the direction that Google is taking. Schmidt said "I actually think most people don't want Google to answer their questions. They want Google to tell them what they should be doing next." (For more, read my post in August.)

I was hoping that the Google founders were somehow different from the CEO and that "Don't be evil" still meant paramount for them. I guess I was naive, after all these years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment